2017 – Great news for beautification projects in Superior. We have secured 80, 5 gallon buckets of paint at a huge discount through Habitat for Humanity. That’s 400 gallons of paint. Enough to paint about 25 houses. The Rebuild Superior committees are working on a plan to make the paint available to homeowners at a very low cost. More to come on this project soon.
News flash! Dr Wilt, who owns a number of properties in Superior, has donated $2,500 to start a fund to buy paint and supplies for community properties. The Chamber just received a grant from APS for $2,250 to add to that fund. By Summer, 2017, this Town is going to shine!
The Superior Chamber of Commerce is offering exterior paint to Superior homeowners whose houses are in need of painting. We’re trying to improve the looks of Superior. In other words, Let’s Make Superior Shine!
Eligibility: All homeowners who live in Town of Superior whose homes (standard or modular) need to be painted. A program applicant must:
- be an owner-occupant(s), as evidenced by a Town sewer bill;
- be willing to paint his/her own home (or get friends/family to do it)
- fill out and return the application below;
- agree that painting will be done within 90 days of receipt of paint;
- meet with a member of the Rebuild Superior, Inc. (“RBS”) team to confirm the need for painting and to determine paint colors including trim;
- allow the home to be power-washed (by RBS) prior to painting or have the power washing done by someone you know.
- agree that their home’s before and after photos may be used by Rebuild Superior, Inc. in publications, news reports and articles to help market the program; and provide a $100 partially refundable payment to RBS that covers power-washing. (Power washing is critical or the paint won’t stick). If you can have the power washing done by someone you know you will get all of your money back when the painting is done. If not, we will hire someone for $50 to do the power washing and you will get $50 back when the painting is complete.
- Your total cost for all of the paint will be FREE (or $50 if we do the power washing). The average cost for the paint if you buy it yourself is $400.
To apply, please download the attached application HERE
, complete and return to Superior Chamber of Commerce 165 W. Main St, Superior AZ 85173 or call 520-689-0200
Interested parties are welcome to call the Chamber office for more information: 520-689-0200
. Applications maintained on a first come, first served waiting list by date received. They may be prioritized by condition of the property after Rebuild Superior team member visits (worst will be first). Rebuild Superior, Inc. will evaluate Pilot Project in August 2017 as to whether to continue, change or expand the program.